Education Visa infomation
NES School of Languages offers comprehensive Thai/English courses to foreign speakers, and is a legally, registered private language school under authorization of the Ministry of Education (MOE), Thailand. Studying Thai or English courses at NES will make you eligible to apply for a 12 month education visa (renewable from year to year).
NES courses have clear direction and process on how to build and improve your Thai and English communication skill from basic to advanced level. The lessons are well balanced between studying structures of language and applying your communication skill through activities in class. NES offers group or private lessons suitable for all ages and backgrounds
The approval letter will be issued by MOE, which may take up to 40 - 60 days. Once the approval letter is ready the school license will be provided to the student. The student will then have to apply for an ED visa at a Thai Embassy or Thai Consulate office outside of Thailand, or in your home country where you specify in your visa application document NES School of Languages.
1. Passport with at least 6 months validity remaining
2. 4 passport-sized photographs (size 2"x2" or 4x5 cm.)
3. Pay tuition fees
4. Fill the visa application form
5. NRI certificate (For the Middle East and African passport holder
People of every nationality can apply for Non-Immigrant Education visa. Please note that students from in the East and Middle East including India, China, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Nepal need to return to their home country to obtain a visa.
- Student must be at least 12 years old for Thai Language program
- Student must be at least 7 years for English Language program
- How long can I study English/Thai at NES School of Languages (NES)?
NES can provide an ED VISA (Non-immigrant “ED”) from 3 months up to 12 months. (Renewable from year to year)
- When should I start submitting the required documents?
Students should plan to send all required documents to the school at least 40 - 60 days before planned date of arrival to Thailand.
- Can I travel outside of Thailand when holding ED visa?
A re-entry permit will be needed otherwise a status of stay will be cancelled automatically once leaving the country
1. Fees are non-refundable, and are not transferable to other terms, other students, and other packages.
2. Students will study English/Thai language according to NES curriculum which is approved by the Ministry of Education and school.
3. Students with no intention to complete their class attendance will not be granted ED visa from NES.
Student presents the page of passport with ED-VISA to immigration officer and you will be granted an official stamp; which will allow you to stay for 90 days. Every student needs to extend ED-visa, and also to notify your address when you stay in Thailand longer than 90 days at the immigration office. Student’s passport and document need to be submitted to MOE for the issuance of an acceptance letter (2nd letter) which is a requisite on the next visa extension at the immigration.
Note: Please bring your passport and departure card to the school within 1 week after your arrival in Thailand.